Here is a list of past challenges used during the Random Reading Challenge for 2009:
1. Read a book from AAR’s Top 100 Romances list (the list can be found HERE).
2. Read a western historical.
3. Read a book by an author with initials in his or her name.
4. Read a book with a single parent character.
5. Read a book with a monochrome cover (i.e predominately one color)
1. Read a book with an animal on the cover.
2. Read a book by an author you read in last month’s challenge (if you did the challenge, pick one of the authors you read for the challenge and read a different book by them or if you didn’t do the challenge, pick an author you read last month and read another book by that author or read a book by an author I read last month).
3. Read a friends-to-lovers story.
4. Read a book with a color in the title.
5. Read a book with a title that begins with the first letter of your last name. (For example, the book I choose would begin with a “Y.” If you have a tough letter, you can use any letter from your last name.)